Basement Water Damage at a Commercial Building
water damage at a commercial building
Last week this local commercial building suffered a large water loss. In this particular instance, our SERVPRO team was called after hours to respond to the unpleasant surprise for the local building. Our SERVPRO team responds day and night and is always "faster to any disaster".
In this case, the water affected a large portion of the basement in a massive building. The basement had concrete and carpet floors that were affected by the water. Unfortunately, some of the area was an office building. Luckily, the SERVPRO team responds very quickly and they were able to minimize the water seeping into the carpeted area.
The first night our SERVPRO team responded, the water level was higher than expected. But in just a few short hours our SERVPRO team had the water drained and were beginning to clean the area. After the water was drained, they could begin the drying process. Luckily, our team has all of the necessary equipment and we were out of there in just a few days!
Have a wonderful and safe Thanksgiving!
Our SERVPRO team wants everyone have a great Thanksgiving. While you're cooking that turkey, surrounded by family and friends, we want you to be safe too! In just case, we have some fire safety tips provided by the NFPA to keep you safe this holiday season!
- Stay in the kitchen when you are cooking on the stovetop so you can keep an eye on the food.
- Stay in the home when cooking your turkey and check on it frequently.
- Keep children away from the stove. The stove will be hot and kids should stay 3 feet away.
- Make sure kids stay away from hot food and liquids. The steam or splash from vegetables, gravy or coffee could cause serious burns.
- Keep the floor clear so you don’t trip over kids, toys, pocketbooks or bags.
- Keep knives out of the reach of children.
- Be sure electric cords from an electric knife, coffee maker, plate warmer or mixer are not dangling off the counter within easy reach of a child.
- Keep matches and utility lighters out of the reach of children — up high in a locked cabinet.
- Never leave children alone in room with a lit candle.
- Make sure your smoke alarms are working. Test them by pushing the test button.
Have a fun and safe Halloween!
Halloween is for costumes, candy and fun! No one wants their fun to be spoiled by a fire! SERVPRO wants everyone to have a fun and safe time this Halloween! We have a list of safety tips below provided by the National Fire Prevention Association.
- Candles - Refrain from having an open flame. Use battery-operated candles or glow-sticks in your jack-o-lanterns.
- Costumes - Choose the right costume. Stay away from long or flowing fabric, and skip extraneous costume pieces.
- Decorations - Avoid flammable decorations including dried flowers, cornstalks and crepe paper that are highly flammable. Keep decorations away from open flames and other heat sources, including light bulbs and heaters.
- Exits - Remember to keep all decorations away from doors so that they are not blocking any exits or escape routes.
- Smoke alarms - Make sure all your smoke alarms are working and up to date.
- Visibility - Provide flashlights to children or have them carry glow sticks as part of their costumes. Make sure if a child is wearing a mask that the eye holes are large enough to see out of them.
SERVPRO wishes everyone a fun and safe Halloween!
Getting rid of Water Damage at a Local Building
Using our SERVPRO tools!
A few weeks ago, a local building suffered severe water damage. Members of our SERVPRO team have been at the local establishment everyday to dry out the affected areas. When a large amount of a building is damaged by water, the areas need to be assessed for the severity of impairment.
All areas need to be dried as best as possible. The other areas need to be addressed in other ways if the severity is high. For example, some areas of the wall may have to be cut out in order to prevent mold from growing. However, in this instance, SERVPRO is using specific tools in order to help quicken the drying process.
In the featured picture, are team is using a dehumidifier and a duct tube to help localize heat to the specific areas that need to be dried. This process will get rid of any water that remains in the walls or ceiling.
Water Damage at Local Commercial Business
Dryers and air movers in hallway
SERVPRO has been at this local commercial business for almost two weeks as a busted water pipe in a bathroom has affected three floors in the building. The first thing our SERVPRO team must do when arriving at a job with water loss is assess the damage. Our team goes into the building and investigates where the water leak began. In this case, a water pipe burst, causing multiple areas of the building to be affected.
Unfortunately, this was a building with many offices with workers and many others that occupy the busy hallways. Luckily, our SERVPRO team have made working in the area possible! While there are quite a few dryers and air movers in the building, people that use this building daily, can still treat their work day as if it is completely normal. Many times, with a water loss this severe, it may be necessary to relocate.
Our SERVPRO team has been present every day to work on the damages done by the water leak. Every room will be dried out and the area will be completely back to new. As our motto states, SERVPRO will make it look “Like it never even happened.”
Our Keeneland tailgate was a success!
Customer Appreciation Party
Last week our SERVPRO team hosted a Customer Appreciation Party at Keeneland on "The Hill". Our SERVPRO team invites anyone who wants to come and enjoy some good food, drinks, or win some door prizes! The party was from 11:00 am until 2:00 pm. But, our guests were more than welcome to stay as late as they wanted.
We decorated each table with golden Mums. All of the tables also had some SERVPRO merchandise that the customers were more than welcome to take with them. The Customer Appreciation Party was catered with wonderful food that included brisket and pork tenderloin!
Along with the perks supplied for the customers, they could meet our new sales representatives! All of our new sales representatives just started this year. They spent time introducing themselves and getting to know as many guests as they could. We hope our customers had a great time and they return to our Derby Customer Appreciation Party in the spring!
SERVPRO goes to the Fire Prevention Festival
Local fire truck!
This past weekend, SERVPRO visited the Fire Prevention Festival at Masterson Station Park. The Fire Prevention Festival takes place every year and is very popular for parents and children. The Fire Prevention Festival has a bouncy house, lots of candy, fire trucks, police helicopters, and more! There is music playing as parents and children walk around and learn about fire safety.
When families are walking around the festival, they can enjoy the music from the D.J. booth that Parks and Recreation provides. Along with the companies that attend the festival to support the local fire department, there are local food trucks as well. While children are enjoying face painting and bicycle races, the parents can enjoy barbecue!
There are tons of fire fighters that bring their trucks for tours and are open to any questions our local patrons could ask. The Fire Prevention Festival is a great example of fire safety bringing the community closer together!
Sump pumps fail at local university
Mold from water damage in walls
Last week SERVPRO got a phone call that two sump pumps had failed at a local university. It was in the basement of the building. When the sump pumps failed, the bathroom flooded with water. Shortly after, the elevator shaft was full of water. There was also water that had leaked into multiple rooms of the large university building's basement.
Fortunately, our SERVPRO team was there to save the say. Unfortunately, the damage was done. Water had been standing in several rooms and seeped into the walls long enough to make a severe impact. It only takes mold 48 to 72 hours to begin growth. By the time our SERVPRO team members arrived and could get to the inside of the walls, mold began to grow. Our team members cut all of the wall space out that was affected. They spent multiple days drying the area out. Even though the area had already been affected, it is SERVPRO's job to make it "like it never even happened!"
Fire at a warehouse
The SERVPRO team cleans the ceilings!
SERVPRO tackled the aftermath of a fire in a Louisville warehouse. Our local SERVPRO team traveled to help clean and repair the aftermath of a large fire. This fire left water damage along with soot everywhere inside the building. In this instance, the warehouse was heavily stocked with supplies. The SERVPRO team brought in a crew strictly for inventory management. There are many things that the SERVPRO team does well when it comes to the restoration business. One of the many things our team members try to take care of is the items that were in the property when disaster occurs. Our team logs every item they feel that can be saved.
One of the things that SERVPRO really focused on in this warehouse was the cleaning. Soot coated the ceilings in the warehouse. In this picture, we are seen cleaning all of the soot from the ceilings. Fortunately, the warehouse was able to stay open for hours of operation after the fire.
SERVPRO of Lexington, KY is an IICRC firm. The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) creates the standards for the restoration industry and provides training and certification to restoration companies. IICRC Certified Firms have the right to display the IICRC Certified Logo.
IICRC Certified Firms must
- Present accurate information to consumers and conduct business with honesty and integrity.
- Require a technician on all jobs who has been formally trained and passed all required tests.
- Require a continuing education program to keep technicians up-to-date on the latest changes in the industry.
- Maintain liability insurance to protect all parties in the event of an accident.
- Maintain a written complaint policy and agree to Better Business Bureau or similar arbitration to resolve disputes, and accept the conclusions and recommendations of arbitration.
The IICRC Develops the Standards for the Restoration Industry
The IICRC has been the driving force in establishing the main industry standards and reference guides for professional carpet cleaning, water damage restoration and mold remediation. These IICRC standards take years to develop and require the coordination of experts in the field: manufacturers, industry organizations, insurance professionals, training schools, contractors, and public health professionals.
Every five years, the standards are reviewed and updated. The water damage restoration field changes rapidly with advancements in technology and science, and therefore the standards must evolve to keep pace.