We traveled to Baton Rouge to Restore Homes... We Ended up Restoring Lives
SERVPRO of Anderson, Franklin and Scott counties traveled to Baton Rouge, Louisiana to help the many people that were devastated and misplaced from their homes by the historic flooding. When the record breaking flooding occurred we promptly dispatched our SERVPRO of Anderson, Franklin and Scott teams to assist in the unprecedented recovery efforts. We were happy to help many grateful business and home owners during their time of need. Our highly trained technicians are water and storm damage specialists. The goal is always the same, to return your commercial or residential property back to pre-storm condition. Using scientific drying techniques and advanced equipment, we document the drying process to insure the business or home is ready to return to. When water damage happens, a quick response is very important. Night or day, business owners and residents can expect our local team of professionals to respond immediately to your water emergency.
When Storms or Floods hit, SERVPRO is ready!
SERVPRO of Lexington specializes in storm and flood damage restoration. Our crews are highly trained and we use specialized equipment to restore your property to its pre-storm condition.
Since we are locally owned and operated, we are able to respond quicker with the right resources, which is extremely important. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces the restoration cost.
Resources to Handle Floods and Storms
When storms hit, we can scale our resources to handle a large storm or flooding disaster. We have traveled to many areas of the country to help those affected by storm damage. We can access equipment and personnel from a network of 1,650 Franchises across the country and elite Disaster Recovery Teams that are strategically located throughout the United States.
Have Storm or Flood Damage? Call Us Today at 859-225-3193.
What to do and what not to do in the case of water damage.
It is important to always be prepared in case of emergency. Here are some tips on how to handle a water damage in your own home.
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.
Faster to any Disaster
Flooding and water emergencies don’t wait for regular business hours and neither do we. SERVPRO of Anderson, Franklin, and Scott Counties provides emergency cleaning and restoration services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week—including all holidays.
Faster To Any Size Disaster
Flooding and water damage is very invasive. Water quickly spreads throughout your home and gets absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, and more. SERVPRO of Anderson, Franklin, & Scott Counties arrives quickly and starts the water extraction process almost immediately. This immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs.
Need Emergency Service? Call Us 24/7 at (502)570-8444 or (859)537-5377.
Water Damage Timeline
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
About SERVPRO of Anderson, Franklin, & Scott Counties
SERVPRO of Anderson, Franklin, & Scott Counties specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Emergency Ready Profile
Do you own or operate a small business? You cannot always prevent disasters from happening, but you can always be prepared. Let SERVPRO of Anderson, Franklin, & Scott Counties help you be prepared for unplanned disasters by creating an Emergency Ready Profile (ERP). By creating an Emergency Ready Profile with SERVPRO of Anderson, Franklin, & Scott Counties you minimize interruptions in the daily operations of your business by having an immediate plan of action in place should disaster strike. The Emergency Ready Profile provides immediate contact information and other important details that provide a guide to get your business back up and running after a disaster. Knowing what to do and what to expect in advance is the key to timely mitigation and can help minimize how water and fire damage can affect your business. Be ready and get a free Emergency Ready Profile with SERVPRO of Anderson, Franklin, & Scott Counties.
Floods are one of the most common and widespread natural disasters in the United States.
There is always potential for flood damage no matter where you live. According to the American Red Cross floods cause more damage in the United States every year than any other weather related disaster. The American Red Cross offers these flood safety tips:
-Stay away from floodwaters. If you come up on a flowing stream where water is above your ankles, stop, turn around and go another way. Six inches of swiftly moving water can sweep you off of your feet.
-If you approach a flooded road while driving, turn around and go another way. If you are caught on a flooded road and waters are riding rapidly around you, get out of the car quickly and move to higher ground. Most cars can be swept away by less than two feet of moving water.
-Keep children out of the water. They are curious and often lack judgment about running water or contaminated water.
If a flood occurs and affects you, call SERVPRO of Anderson, Franklin, & Scott Counties. Even minor floods have potential to cause major damage. We are faster to ANY size disaster. Let us help you get your life back in order.
Here are some things to consider from the American Lung Association about air quality in your home:
- Is anyone smoking indoors? No one should smoke indoors.
- Can you see or smell mold or mildew?
- Is the humidity regularly above 50 percent?
- Are there leaks or standing water anywhere—kitchen, basement, attic?
- Are all fuel-burning appliances (gas stoves, water heaters, fireplaces) fully vented to the outdoors?
- Is there an attached garage or basement where cars, lawnmowers or motorcycles are stored?
- Are household chemicals, paints or solvents stored indoors or in an attached garage or basement?
- Have you recently remodeled or added new furniture, carpeting or painted?
- Do you use odor-masking chemicals or "air-freshening" devices?
- Has kitchen or food garbage been covered and removed?
- Have you used pesticides recently?
If you have an ongoing air quality issue, call SERVPRO of Anderson, Franklin, & Scott Counties for further consultation. We have a staff of professionals, certified in all aspects of deodorization and microbial remediation.
Living in your Home During Water Damage
Any time you experience water damage in your home it can be distressing. Coming home to or waking up and discovering water damage can throw off your entire day. Once the damage is discovered, you begin the process of making phone calls and going through the steps to repair the damage. Often times when water damage occurs the customer has to live in their home throughout the process. In severe cases they may find other temporary arrangements. When we come into your home during your frustrating time, it is our goal to make sure that the process of getting your home back in order is as stress free as possible. We will come in a set up our drying equipment in the affected areas and perform any necessary demolition to wet materials. We always strive to have the home dry and have equipment removed within 4 days. At that point the customer can choose to complete the necessary repairs. In the case that you ever experience water damage, rest assured that we can take of you!
Upcoming Event at Keeneland
Hello SERVPRO friends and customers! In a few months, a Lexington, Kentucky event takes place and you are welcome to come celebrate with us! Every year the Keeneland race track opens up for the public for four weeks in the months of April and October. This upcoming event will happen in October, taking place during the fall meet. The fall is such a beautiful time to be outside at Keeneland in Kentucky!
SERVPRO looks forward to hosting this event every year to honor our customers. We like to show our gratitude and appreciation to everyone who has or might someday use SERVPRO's services.
This event will offer food, drinks, fun and more! We set up a tent on "the hill" tailgating area next to Keene Barn.
Please come visit us at Keenland this fall! We are so excited to see lots of our customers' and friends' friendly faces! Thanks for choosing SERVPRO!
Sprinkler Mishap at Local University
SERVPRO brought in dryers and air-movers to help get the job done!
In early summer, a sprinkler burst in a building on one of our local campuses. SERVPRO was more than happy to help our local university. There was standing water in the floor of the building when SERVPRO arrived on the scene. The sprinkler had dispensed water on the floors and the ceilings. When water damage is concerned, it is important to act relatively quick to ensure that the damage is contained. If the situation gets much worse, it can advance to more than just water damage.
Typically, if the water is extracted, properly dried out and restored, the area affected should be alright. The area needs to be dried out within 48 hours. However, 24 hours is ideal. It takes mold 24 to 48 hours to begin growing in the ideal conditions. Sometimes, if not dried properly, mold will start growing but not visible just yet. When the water eventually dries, it will begin to show spots on the walls.
Luckily, in this case at our local university, SERVPRO acted quickly. SERVPRO knows the risks of water damage worsening and are always on the scene as soon as possible. The water was dried and the job done efficiently. SERVPRO is always happy to help.